We are all super excited to welcome Anna Silvander to the Team! Anna is an 800m runner from Sweden with a 2:02.53 personal best, and is a 3 x National champion and 2 x National Indoor champion. We asked Anna some questions this week so you could find out more about her…
Home Town: Stockholm
Club: IFK Lidingö and Stockport Harriers
- When did you start running?
– I started running in my first year of high school when I was 16.
- What inspired/influenced you to start?
– I have always been very active but and my dad ran a lot when he was younger. We used to talk about athletics and running but I was doing so many other sports and activities so there wasn’t really time for it. When my football coach quit and we were standing there without a coach I started to look at other training options. My brother had just started running in our local club so I came to one of his practices and liked it. I was only running maybe once or twice a week and playing football the rest of the time, but after a year I decided running was more fun and started to run a lot more.
- Favourite career moment so far?
– I have so many good memories from running so its hard to pic one, but every time representing Sweden has been so cool and special. There is a very traditional meet between Sweden and Finland every year. The first time I got selected to run that race it was held at the olympic stadium in Helsinki. The atmosphere was insane and it was so really cool to race in that stadium!
- Favourite place to run?
– My Swedish club is based on one of the big islands in Stockholm. The island has so many good trails and beautiful places to run. Even though I’ve ran there so many times I still don’t get tired of it.
- Favourite training session?
– Probably something pretty speedy, like 200s at the track or hills sprints.
- What shoe do you currently wear for…
– Mileage: 880s or 1080s
– Tempo: 1500s
– Spike: MD800
- Which current athlete inspires and motivates you?
– Laura Muir. I love her courage and fearlessness.
- Interesting fact about yourself?
– My mom grew up at a farm that my uncle took over so I’ve spent a lot of my holidays there helping out on the farm and milking cows, taking care of the pigs, sheep and chickens.
- Favourite Quote/words of wisdom?
– “If you want to go big, stop thinking small.”
- Did you play other sports growing up?
– I’ve done a lot of different sports growing up. I’ve for example done gymnastics, dancing, downhill skiing, jiujitsu, sailing and football. My parents have always loved different outdoor activities so I also grew up sailing, skating, skiing, kayaking, biking, hiking and so on.